Pest Control Solutions In Colleyville, TX
Less than 30 miles northwest of the heart of the DFW Metroplex is Colleyville, TX. People love living here because it provides easy access to the city while still giving Texans the rural feel they love. Unfortunately, this more rural environment means more wildlife and nuisance animals showing up on your property and in your home.
The good news for Colleyville residents is that we are here for you. We are Brinker Animal Removal and we specialize in the humane and efficient removal of animals of all sizes. We work with you to provide custom animal removal services for each client, never taking a cookie-cutter approach. And you can rest assured knowing that all our work is backed by a lifetime guarantee. For all your animal removal needs in Colleyville, call us today.
Residential Pest Control In Colleyville, TX
Have you ever heard strange noises in your walls or attic? Or maybe you’ve seen creepy shadows darting around? While you may think your house is haunted, chances are you just have a wildlife problem. These pests in your home may not be as spooky as ghosts, but they can still be scary, destroying your property and threatening the health and safety of your family.
We understand how important it is to keep your home and property free of dangerous wildlife. To make sure wildlife doesn’t bother you at home, our technicians will remove the threat using safe, humane traps, releasing these pests back into their natural habitat. We’ll make sure your home is properly sealed, using metal products to close any holes. To make sure your home is safe, we will also decontaminate the area where these pests were found, eliminating dangerous germs, bad smells, and messy waste.
If strange noises and shadowy figures are driving you crazy, call us today. One of our trained technicians will work with you to make sure wildlife doesn’t threaten your home, property, or most importantly, your family.
Commercial Pest Control In Colleyville, TX
Picture your business at its busiest time. Customers are coming and going, spending money, and things are going well. Then suddenly, someone jumps up and yells, “Rat!!” Everyone runs, and no one comes back. Just like that, you realize you need help.
At Brinker Animal Removal, we specialize in the removal and prevention of nuisance wildlife in commercial buildings. We service a variety of industries, including:
- Grocery stores
- Apartments and Multi-Family Housing
- Office Buildings
- Retail Stores
We know that every industry has different needs, and different buildings in the same industry also need different things. That is why we customize your commercial wildlife control plan to fit your specific pest pressures.
Our trained exterminators will work with you to meet the needs of your business. We’ll make sure any wildlife is removed and take the necessary steps to keep these pests from coming back. We want to keep your business free of wildlife so you can worry about the more important things you need to do on a day-to-day basis.
Are Colleyville Opossums As Scary As They Look?
Opossums can look scary, as they have 50 razor-like teeth and sharp claws. Unlike some animals that look dangerous but aren’t really threatening, possums can be dangerous to humans.
You may have heard the phrase “playing possum” and think it means they will react timidly when threatened. While they will use this as a defense mechanism, they can also react violently. When provoked, they may hiss, growl, scratch, and bite. Being bitten or scratched by an opossum can expose you to rabies or other infections. Even if an opossum doesn’t bite you, it can still be dangerous. They can spread diseases like salmonellosis, leptospirosis, and tularemia, as well as introduce disease-carrying fleas.
If you are dealing with an opossum issue in your yard, don’t put yourself at risk by trying to remove them on your own. Contact us and let one of our trained animal removal specialists safely and quickly remove these dangerous opossums off your property.
The Best Way To Deal With Raccoons In Colleyville
Raccoons are common here in Colleyville. Sometimes referred to as "trash pandas" or "bandits," they get their nicknames from the black mask of fur around their eyes.
As cute as they can look, they can be dangerous, and you don’t want them around to threaten your home. Here are some things you can do to prevent raccoons on your property:
- Store trash in bins that lock.
- Store pet food in secure containers and don’t leave uneaten food out at night.
- Make sure garage, shed, and basement doors are shut.
- Repair roof damage and install chimney caps.
- Keep trees and shrubs cut back from your roofline.
If you are already dealing with raccoons, call us. We can trap and remove these pests and help you change your yard and home to prevent them from returning.
What Every Colleyville Homeowner Ought To Know About Bat Control
While some might think they are cute, there are some essential things that homeowners need to know about bat control in Colleyville. These creatures are crucial to our ecosystems, but they can potentially spread harmful diseases to humans. Below are some key things to keep in mind about the bats flying around your home every night:
- They seek shelter: At the end of the day, bats are just looking for a dry, warm place to rest and shield themselves from the weather. An attic is typically dark, warm, and undisturbed, so it's a perfect place for them.
- Bats are nocturnal: Bats leave their roosting spots to hunt at night. Having access to a dark place during the daylight hours is essential for them, making your dark attic even more appealing.
- Bats prefer wood framing: Bats typically nest in trees, so an attic with wooden framing is even more appealing to a bat that's looking for a safe place to roost.
Because these creatures can spread diseases such as rabies, we highly suggest calling the professional at Brinker Animal Removal for all your bat control needs. Our technicians can safely remove and relocate these creatures before anyone gets hurt. If bats are moving in, let us help you get them out. Call us for wildlife control options.
Are Rodents A Year-Round Problem In Colleyville?
There are many types of rodents here in Colleyville, and due to the warm weather we have year-round, they are usually causing problems no matter the season. Below are some ways you can prevent rodents from invading your home regardless of the time of year:
- Remove entry points: The best way to control the rodents around your property is to go around your home and locate any cracks, holes, or crevices in the roof, walls, and foundations. Immediately seal them up. Some types of rodents can squeeze through a hole the size of a penny, so repair even tiny gaps.
- Clear out clutter: One of the ways you can make your home less appealing is by organizing your material items. The key is to declutter in a way that does not leave appealing nesting areas behind.
- Fix leaky pipes and faucets: Rodents are looking for easy water access. Leaking plumbing provides steady access to water, so double-check that you don't have any plumbing issues.
Don't let the rodents try to take up residence with you. Kick them out with our help.
At Brinker Animal Removal, our technicians can help you pinpoint all the possible ways rodents might be getting inside and implement prevention strategies that will work for your specific situation. Contact us to get started.
What Colleyville Property Owners May Not Know About Squirrel Danger
Here in Colleyville, there is one rodent species that you have to watch out for: the squirrels. Many people might think they are cute or entertaining at bird feeders, but most are not aware of the very harmful diseases they could spread, such as:
- Salmonella: A squirrel can pass this onto humans through their droppings; they don't have to bite or scratch you. Salmonella is an intense gastrointestinal disease that leads to abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and a fever.
- Rabies: While an infected squirrel does have to bite or scratch you to pass this on, having squirrels in your home significantly increases the possibility of you contracting rabies. Seek medical attention right away if a squirrel bites you.
- Lyme Disease: Much like how the mice and rats gave free rides to the fleas that carried the Black Plague, squirrels are hosts for ticks that carry Lyme Disease. This illness causes stiffness, nerve pain, and swelling of the brain or spinal cord.
Rodents of any type should be dealt with by a professional because of the many ways they can hurt humans. If the squirrels in Colleyville are starting to get too cozy, call us today for help removing them.
How To Get Rid Of Snakes In Colleyville: A Complete Guide
The best way to get rid of snakes is to prevent them from moving in all together. Below are some snake prevention tips that anyone can start implementing:
- Add gravel: If you have grass or mulch, consider replacing it with gravel. This is much harder for snakes to slide across, and they aren't able to hide in it either.
- Trim bushes and trees: Many pests like overgrown trees and bushes, including snakes. Cut back on the appeal by shaping up the branches around your home and yard.
- Keep pet food inside: Many snakes are interested in the pet food that you might have left outside or on your porch. Removing this will remove the reason for them to come close to your home.
Should you find snakes on your property, give Brinker Animal Removal a call for assistance! Our technicians can handle them, so you don't have to. Call us to learn more about wildlife control.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.